Best Facebook Fan Page Tips and Tricks For Beginners
Best Facebook fan page tips and tricks for beginners. You won’t find a more in-depth, or comprehensive resource for Facebook fan page tips for beginners. With that said, let’s jump right into it!
Facebook Ads to Grow Your Facebook Page Fans
One of the easiest ways to increase your Facebook likes is through the use of Facebook Ads, which allows you to target specific demographics, which means it will allow you to bring the traffic you desire to your page.
Do not confuse Facebook Ads with Google Ads, because they are not the same.
- Google Ads will show up when a person actively searches your keyword(s).
- They will usually want to know what you are offering at that time.
- Which elicits a click that is relevant to their search.
Facebook Ads don’t work that way.
A Facebook Ad shows up when a person is browsing their News Feed so they likely don’t have any intent to purchase from you at that time. That means you must offer incentives to drive clicks on the Facebook Ad using one of the three methods – coupons, contests, or eBooks.
- These Facebook Ads let you target those who haven’t already likes your page.
- You can even include a like button right on your ad.
- You can use the basic format ‘“Like” us to (insert what they’ll receive)’.
- You can drive Likes based on the incentive.
Here are a few you can use:
- Like us and get your Free Guide to Growing Your Facebook Business
- Like us to get an Exclusive 20% Off coupon
- Like us to win a $200 Marketing Consultation
- Like us and enter to win a trip to Vegas – draw every 3 months
Facebook Ads are also much more affordable than Google Ads.
That means even if you have a very low budget you can take advantage of Facebook Ads. If you want to know more about using Facebook Ads and how to setup your Facebook Ad campaign, Facebook has an in-depth section on how to set up your campaign, so you shouldn’t have too much trouble.
Your goal with your FB fan page is to grow your likes and your fan base. To do that you need to take advantage of the many tools that can help you to create a powerful Facebook Ad.
Facebook ads are still one of the most misunderstood opportunities to grow your Facebook Page and increase your targeted traffic and your likes. The rest is up to you. With the use of strong posts that engage your followers, you can increase your reach further and continue to grow your Page.
See also: How To Sell Used Stuff On Facebook
Tips to Create Facebook Posts That Are Engaging
Here are 4 tips to create Facebook posts that are engaging.
#1 Use Copy, Images and Videos That Are Engaging
- Photos and videos that are media rich will get attention and they will help your message be more noticeable on a News feed.
- Lifestyle and inspirational images are always engaging. Smart Page owners are quick to take advantage of these images, because they understand they do not have to be relevant to the product/service you offer to be relevant to your fans. These fans will then share these posts with their friends and that provides you with more reach and another opportunity to grow your ‘Likes.’
- Share images/photos of your products with your customers enjoying them.
- The best posts are between 100 and 250 characters – short and to the point gets the most attention.
#2 Share and Promote Discounts and Promotions That are Exclusive
- Offer your visitors a really good perk or deal to keep them interested. You can increase your sales and increase your followers with this technique.
- Buy 1 get 1 free seems to be a very popular promotion and it also is when you are giving things away for free.
- To increase your visitors’ engagement, make sure that you have a clear call-to-action.
#3 Suitability and Timeliness
- When your posts are related to what they are thinking about at the time, such as holidays or a current sporting event, your audience is much more likely to engage.
- Timeliness in replying to any posts that have a comment on them is also important. The faster you are to replying to your fans the more likely that they will continue to engage you.
#4 Drive Traffic to Your Website With Links
- Link posts have an area that’s larger now and it helps people to find your website, thereby increasing your traffic.
- Use link posts to drive people to your website.
- Link posts now have a larger, clickable area that helps drive people to your website. Take the title, image and description, which comes from the URL, and customize it.
Put these 4 tips into play and watch your fans grow.
Grow Your Facebook Page Fans
Let’s look at 5 tricks to grow your Facebook Page Fans.
Trick #1 Use Social Media
The use of social media channels like LinkedIn, Google+ or Twitter are a great way to encourage people to visit your Facebook page. These are free marketing tools that you should take advantage of. In addition to direct posts, make sure that you occasionally cross post from one to the other. Twitter only allows 140 characters so make good use of them.
Trick #2 Take Advantage of Public Events
Often overlooked, yet a powerful tool that can be a great way to spread the word. If you are doing public speaking be sure you include your Facebook Page URL on the slide show as it makes it easy for people to connect. If you attend network meetings this is a great time to encourage members to ‘Like’ your Facebook Page and become fans.
Trick #3 Fan Page Fridays
On Facebook, there are Pages that host Fan Page Friday events. If you are participating, you will be encouraged to stop by the page on a specific date to introduce your business to everyone that’s participating and then tag their page in the post. The idea is that you will work through all the comments and ‘Like’ each of the participating pages who will in turn ‘Like’ your page.
A word of caution.
Only participate in local events, because if you land up with tons of international fans, it could actually lower your EdgeRank score. In addition, if others hide your news feed posts because they only wanted the ‘Like’ from you and aren’t interested in your business, could hurt you.
Trick #4 Encourage Check Ins on Your Facebook Page
For anyone who has a brick and mortar business, you should enable check ins on your Facebook page, and then remind customers to check in when they are in your premises. You can even include an incentive like offering a discount.
Trick #5 Make Use of Signage
When customers visit your brick and mortar business, you can create signage for in your store that allows customers to ‘Like” your page using a text message. Your signage would look something like this. “Text Like (insert Facebook Page name) to 34587. Test this on your cell phone first before you commit your budget to this. You can also develop signage that includes your social media icons.
These 5 tricks work great to grow your Facebook Page fans.
How To Grow Your Facebook Likes: 5 Tips
Facebook is a place where conversations take place. On your Facebook Page do you chat with your fans or do you talk at them? The number of fans you have is a pretty good reference to how you deal with your fans. The more you chat with your fans the higher your number of fans will be. Make the most of your social space by understanding it and you will see your Facebook Page ‘Likes’ continue to grow.
Here are 5 tips to help you grow your Facebook Likes.
1. Talk Back to Your Fans
You post a comment, then a fan comments on the post, and you need to reply to that comment. Ideally, what you want to achieve is conversation that goes back and forth between you and your fan(s). The more fans that participate the better. By allowing your fans to feel a conversation is taking place they are more likely to participate. If you post and a fan comments and you don’t reply the conversation dies off and the reach dies with it.
2. Make Sure There are plenty of Photos and Videos Posted
People prefer photos over texts. Make your Facebook Page visually appealing using graphics, photos and videos. This will draw the interest of your fans and they are much more likely to share photos, graphics and videos than text, which in turn extends your reach.
3. Choose the Best Timeline Photo
The latest Facebook format – the Timeline page is either hated or loved. It requires that you post a prominent horizontal image along with a smaller detailed shot that is inset. This is a good place for your logo. Make sure your photos are friendly and cheerful. It’s great if they interact or connect with your fans.
4. Take Advantage of the Social Tabs
It’s a good idea to cross promote any other social media pages you have. You can add tabs for Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
5. Post Regularly
Your Facebook posts are time and date stamped. Your posts are grouped monthly so your fans can easily scroll down your page and they can also see how often you post every month. So if you only post 7 times over the weekend and then not again until the next weekend your fans are going to lose interest and new potential fans aren’t going to be too excited about liking your page. It is very important that you post regularly to generate interest.
Top Secret Tips to Run a Successful Fan Page
There are Facebook pages and there are “Facebook Pages.” Some pages are just there. They exist, they are boring and they do nothing to draw in their audience. Other pages have the ‘wow’ factor. They are attractive, they offer great value and the audience is drawn in. Which type of Facebook Page do you have?
Here are some top-secret tips to help you run a successful fan page that not only brings people to your page, but helps you grow your fans and likes.
Start With an Incredible Cover Photo
The image at the top of your page can draw you in. It can capture your imagination and take you to some place beautiful. Make sure that you understand the importance of your cover photo and that you choose one that will work for you. There are tons of online resources to help you with this.
Create a Profile Image That’s Unique
When it comes to profile pictures, we tend to stick a picture of ourselves up there and that’s that. But there is so much value in using a unique profile image that your audience will remember or associate with. Start with defining what your business about. Then try to create an image that is memorable and creates strong branding. Hire a visual artist if you need to. It’s worth it!
Make Use of the Facebook Page Apps
Facebook offers you some great apps, so make sure to explore them and make use of it. Add any that are appropriate. Don’t be afraid to make use of several. It will help to increase your viewers along with your likes.
Post Regular and Engaging Posts
Creating a post now and then isn’t good enough. You need to have regular posts every day so that you show up in the news feeds and so that your fans look forward to your posts and are ready to read and share those posts. In addition, you need to make sure you have engaging posts so that they encourage your fans to comment and participate in a discussion. This will help to increase your reach.
Strong Call to Action
It is very important that your Facebook page has a strong call to action, because without it your visitors won’t know what they are supposed to do. Ask friends to click the ‘LIKE’ button in a clear and concise way that leaves no room for mistakes.
The Key to Building a Fan Base on Facebook Pages That’s Engaged
This means that you will have fans that will like your page, comment on posts and share posts because they want to, not because they are being enticed to via a prize such as a free giveaway or coupon.
It call comes back to providing good content.
What is Good Content?
Good content will play on life, living situations and interests of your target market. It can be related to day-to-day life and should provoke a personal response immediately.
- it relates to all kinds of content
- asks for the opinion of users
- and tells interesting stories.
What it really does is:
- create a town square attitude where users gather to socialize
- and find something interesting to engage with like minded people
If you are still unsure of how to create strong content, then have a look at some of the Facebook pages created and managed by large companies such as Proctor & Gamble.
You can create this kind of content by:
- defining your target market
- and then determining what relevant topics are for that market
- then create themed content that you can schedule
- so that you have constant posts going out to your users
You can use some of Facebook’s options:
- such as Facebook ads to target your audience
- and expand your reach through your posts
To make sure you are on target and getting the ‘reach’ you are after, you should use Facebook Page Analytics to analyze your posts. This can provide you with sound information that will allow you to be able to make good decisions related to your posts and future posts that you might make.
There are many ways you can build your fan base that won’t actually help your business prosper, so keep this in mind. However, by taking the time to bring targeted traffic to your Facebook Page and growing a relevant fan base you can enjoy the full benefits of the work you put into this.
Long term your goal is to continue to grow your fans through ‘Likes’ and for them to love what you offer so much that they tell their friends who in turn tell their friends and that reach can continue to expand and grow, offering you a very powerful marketing opportunity.
Facebook Fans and Likes
Let’s look at two of the best ways to grow your fans and likes.
Method #1 Grow Your Facebook Fans and Likes With Contests
This is one of the easiest methods to excite people about your page and to draw new fans to your page. The lure of winning the big prize means your target market is going to show up, ‘click Like,’ and become a fan on your page.
How to Get People Who Want to Enter Your Contest to Like Your Page and Become a Fan
There are a number of 3rd party contest apps that you can choose from, such as Wishpond have a very useful feature, which is called Like Gate, designed to hide the contest entry page until after Liking the Facebook Page.
Like Gate is an image that has text that tells the visitor that they have to Like the page before they can access the amazing contest. Once they Like it the app automatically loads the default entry for the contest or the voting page where the user enters your contest.
Method #2 Grow Your Facebook Fans and Likes With Like Gated Coupons
Coupons are an excellent promotion that’s well received. Even a coupon for as little as 10 percent off gives visitors incentive to purchase your product while you get to keep your margins fairly unscathed. The best way to use coupons is for you to have them carry out some action so that they can access the coupon but it shouldn’t be difficult or consuming.
There are a number of Coupon Apps that make it easy to create a Facebook Like Gate coupon, with the coupon codes built in. A decent Coupon App makes it easier for you to design your own coupons right on Facebook. When the coupon is right on, Facebook it is also easier to share it.
Don’t forget to include your call to action with all of your Facebook Page marketing to ensure you grow your fans and likes the way you want to. It’s the most common mistake that Page owners make and what then happens is you do all the hard work and don’t get the results you want.
4 Techniques to Increase Your Facebook Likes
When it comes to implementing social media strategies, Facebook is a great place to start as it is the network that has the most users. However, if you thought that posting to Facebook now and then is enough, you’d be wrong. Using that strategy is going to have you flat lining rather than growing.
Let’s look at 4 techniques to Increase your Facebook Likes and grow your fans.
#1. Tag Yourself in Your Photos
This technique is so easy to use that you’ll wonder why you didn’t use it sooner. From now on every single photo that you put up on your Facebook Page make sure that you tag yourself in every single photo. This is smart because if your content is good and its shareable then it will appear on the news feeds of others. When one of your fan’s shares it, then it’s going to be linked in the ‘shared section’ in addition to the image your fan shared.
#2 Create Content That’s Shareable
Good content is great, but great content is greater. It is very important to have content that is shareable. This means your content is so good that your audience doesn’t just want to like it, they want to share it with their own friends. The content that your fans share is really part of their online identity. It tells others what they like and who they are. In this case it also shows support for you. When content is shareable, it increases your like because it exposes your name to more people, putting your brand out there in front of those that are not currently your fans.
#3 Remember to Remain Consistent
You do not want to develop want to become boring. You don’t want to have one week with a big peak and then your page gets hum-drum boring until the next big peak. This type of inconsistency will have people leaving your page. Instead consistently engage your audience so they can depend on you.
#4 Watch Your Timing
If you want the most people to see your posts, then you need to post when most people are on Facebook. Generally mornings and afternoons are best, but of course you will need to determine what’s best for your audience. Maybe you cater to an international market so you’ll need to figure out the best time to post locally to reach that market. Don’t be afraid to experiment to see find the best time for your posts.
Best Kept Secrets to Growing Your Facebook Page Fans
There are many ways to do this and I want to share some of the best kept secrets to growing your Facebook Page fans.
- Develop a persona for your audience. Some businesses have a description of what their ideal customer looks like. This can help you to visualize your communication and what your posts should look like on Facebook.
- Install an Engagement App on your Facebook Page. There are many great apps on the market that can help you to accomplish this such as Booshaka or Fan of the Week.
- Facebook has imposed some restrictions on what you are allowed to put on your new cover images, but it only applies to brand pages not to your personal profile, so you might consider introducing a business aspect on your personal timeline through your cover image.
- If you have several page admins, take advantage of the latest page admin settings that lets you assign authority to each person. Go to your Admin Panel then ‘Edit Page’ where from the drop-down menu you select ‘Admin Roles’. Once on the page you will see the Profile Pic of each Admin with their current role. To change their current role, just click on the down arrow to the right of the current role title and make your selection.
- Sort your post insights so that at a glance you can see your most successful updates. Go into your insights. On the first page you’ll see real time post specific statistics, click on the arrow at the top to sort the updates based on which have gotten the most engagements.
- If you are using Pinterest, why not install the Pinterest app on your Facebook page.
- Add the ‘Message Button’ to your Facebook Page so readers can send you a private message. This also lets you reply privately.
- Take advantage of Insights to learn more about your fans, their age, sex, where they are from, etc. This will help you with your marketing.
These 8 tips are some of the best kept secrets to growing your Facebook Page fans.
In addition, make sure that you are sharing quality content that your fans will want to share with their friends. This will increase your reach and help you to grow your fans further.
Tips You Need to Know to Grow Your Facebook Small Business Page
Here are 4 tips you need to know to grow your Facebook fans and likes.
#1 Make an Offer
Promotions, discounts and free stuff are all very popular on Facebook. It is a way to offer your customers something of great value and they love it!
You can offer a discount to anyone that mentions you on Facebook when they shop with you.
You can build your reach (likes and fans) by:
- making it simple for your visitors to distribute your message beyond your current fan base
- and then make it easy to redeem whatever you have offered them (discount or gift)
#2 Boost The Posts That Are Important
Use ‘Boosted Posts’ to help you increase your audience reach. Enter the amount you are going to set aside for your promotion and Facebook immediately tells you how many people that reach will generate. You can target your reach so that your message is getting to the right people. For example, you can create posts that reach people near you.
This is a powerful tool that is often overlooked because users don’t understand its full benefit. It’s cost effective and it provides an easy way to expand the reach of your posts. It’s important to realize that just posting your post isn’t enough anymore. You need to take these extra steps to get the most from your posts.
#3 Make Sure to Post Regularly
Throughout the day create a steady posting stream before any big event you have coming up. This can help your audience to focus. Make sure you are highlighting your ‘top goods/services,’ but reach out beyond self promotion to get the most out of your posts. Consider adding posts that will give your audience extra value.
When you just post on your products and services your audience becomes bored and is likely to either hide your news feed or ‘unlike’ your page. By offering content that’s interesting you keep your audience wanting to find out what else you will offer.
#4 Give Your Page a Facelift
It’s time to do a little remodeling on your page and add some value. Make sure that your content information and hours of operation are posted. Update your cover photo so that it is current and relevant. Tell your audience a little bit about yourself and your business.
These 4 tips will help you grow your Facebook Small Business Page.
If you want more fans than you have, then it’s time to make some changes. To get the most out of your page you need to understand your ‘social space.’
On Facebook there needs to be a lot of conversing back and forth to share information. This includes photos, links, videos and posts.
Here are 5 fail proof tips to make sure you get it right.
1. Don’t Promote, Share
Your Facebook Page doesn’t exist just to market your products/services. If that’s all you do with it, your followers will lose interest quickly. Use your Page to get people interested that would make use of your products/services.
2. Make Sure You Are Relevant
Think about your posts, keeping in mind the season, what topics are hot, what’s in the news, etc. Share links that your fans would be interested in and that they would want to share with their friends.
3. Make Sure Your Posts Are Interesting
Posts don’t have to be news to be interesting. Your fans aren’t going to be interested in news unless it’s relevant, but they might be interested in learning about a new product that’s coming to market that’s relevant. For example, let’s say that you run a medical page, and there’s a new cancer treatment that has shown promising results. Sharing this information with your fans would be wise as it is interesting, engaging, and relevant.
4. Posting About the Competition is Okay, Sometimes
Let’s say a new study is released that’s so interesting you know that it will attract attention. It might be better if you could find your own expert to give their opinion but that’s not always possible. In these cases it’s okay if you share information from a reputable source even when it’s your competition. A common mistake is to want to avoid anything to do with the competition, but ironically your competition can sometimes benefit you rather than hinder you.
5. Keep Your Fans Talking
Never underestimate the power of your words. ‘What’s your opinion?’ When you post links from experts, especially ‘hot topics’ or controversial topics, ask your audience for their opinion, their feedback. Your goal is to generate conversation with your fans and to bring new fans on board.
These 5 tips are a great start to growing your Facebook fans. What are you waiting for?
10 Tips to Increase Your Facebook Likes
1. If you have created a personal profile page for your business instead of a business page this is against Facebook’s Terms and Conditions, so you will want to migrate your profile to a new business page. Migrating allows you to do this without losing all your connections. Use the Facebook migration tool.
2. You should benchmark your current metrics. This will help you to improve your performance in anything you need to measure. First you should record where you currently are. You should also begin recording Post Specific metrics such as the number of Likes and Comments.
3. Identify a USP for your Page. What value are you ready to provide your reader?
4. Create a shorter customized URL for your page. A shorter URL is easy for your visitors to remember and it is easily promoted.
5. Use Insights to learn what the most popular content is on your Facebook Page and to learn where your traffic is coming from.
6. Caption your photos with your marketing message. Add a caption to all of your images/photos to provide people with more information about your business. Include a call-to-action, a hyperlink, etc.
7. Regularly change your Cover Image, but keep your Profile Pic the same. Every time you change the cover Image it goes out into the news feed which is great exposure.
8. Make sure you feature your three most important apps next to the Photos app, which are an important part of your Facebook marketing strategy.
9. Take the time to create a calendar for your Facebook Page. Planning is very important and planning what you are going to post about in advance and then scheduling it in your editorial calendar can be very helpful.
10. Determine what your goal(s) is/are for using Facebook. Using Facebook just because the competition is, does not make a good enough reason.
These ten tips are a great way to start to increase your Facebook ‘Likes’ and grow your fan base.
Also, keep in mind that your posts are also important, as they will help to improve your reach, which in turn leads to an increase in fans.
Your focus is to grow your Facebook ‘Likes’ and then to keep these fans engaged and interested on what you have to say, eventually leading to sales.
The Best Methods to Increase Facebook Likes
Method #1 Increase Facebook Likes Using Contests
One of the easiest methods to interest people and draw them to your page is using contests. People like free items and so you can see why offering something free would increase new fans to your page especially when the condition to entering the contest is that you must like the page first. The lure of winning a prize helps you to target your market and grow your likes.
Method #2 Grow Your Facebook Fans and Likes With Like Gated Coupons
Coupons are another great way to promote your Facebook page. The coupon doesn’t have to be big. It can be as small as 10% off a purchase. It is a great way to provide your audience an incentive to purchase the product(s) you offer and you can still keep your profit margins looking pretty healthy.
Method #3 Increase Facebook Likes Using Ebooks
Depending on your industry, education can be a better incentive than even offering a prize or a discount. This is especially true with B2B companies who like to receive free e-books or white papers that provide them with information and tools to help them grow their business. This is a great way to drive large numbers of visitors to your page and increase your fans significantly. You are dealing with a targeted audience, which is exactly what you want.
If you aren’t sure what your eBooks should be about:
- consider what your business is about
- and what you can share with your potential customers
- that will be useful and hook them on what you have to offer
Your eBook should also include a strong call to action that has the reader wanting to know more and wanting to take advantage of the service(s) you offer.
If you want to maximize your reach in promoting your offers, consider taking advantage of Facebook ads, which are very affordable and allow you to easily target your market to maximize your benefits. These ads are different than Google Ads so don’t confuse them. You can learn more about Facebook Ads under the help section on Facebook.
Method #4 Provide Useful and Engaging Content
In addition to offering free things or coupons make sure that the content that is on your page is useful, interesting and engaging. That way your visitors are more likely to comment and strike up a conversation. In turn, those conversations get shared and that spreads your reach.
How to Grow Your Facebook Fans on Your Page
Your goal is to grow your fans or ‘Likes,’ but remember you don’t just want anyone clicking the Like; you want to bring to your page those that have a genuine interest in your products/services.
- while no Likes will be turned away
- untargeted ones are not going to grow your business
Here are some strategies to grow your Facebook fans on your Page.
1. Using your Facebook Page as a place for your fans to gather is great, but you will want to make sure that your posts are interesting and engaging. Good posts will get your followers commenting and engaging each other, along with sharing these posts to non-followers, who in turn might find it interesting and ‘Like’ your Page.
2. Invite a couple of others on board as Admin of your Page. They can then suggest it to their friends and your reach can grow. In addition, having more than one administrator can offer different perspectives, which can help to keep the page interesting. It can also make responding to posts and comments more efficient. As your page grows, the more admins you should consider having.
3. Encourage your visitors to post pictures on your wall, which will help your Facebook page to show up in the News Feed. Facebook users love pictures, so take advantage of them and encourage your followers to openly share their photos.
4. Inspirational images are well received. In fact, they are one of the most popular shares on Facebook so make sure to include them on your Facebook Page.
5. If you have a Brick & Mortar business, you can use your print media to encourage ‘Likes’ for special deals and discounts. You can also take advantage of Facebook Offers.
6. If you have a large email list, you can suggest to those on your list to ‘Like’ your Facebook Page. You might also tell your Twitter followers to come over and ‘Like’ your page.
7. Take advantage of Facebook Ads, which are easy to set up and very affordable. It’s a great way to target your traffic and bring in more ‘Likes.’
These seven simple things can help you to grow your Facebook Page.
Get ready to enjoy more likes and fans and to build your business.
5 Things To Add To Your Facebook Fan Page
Facebook continues to be one of the most popular social media sites growing at thousands of users a day. Because of the vast background of all these users it doesn’t take a lot of effort to recognize its influence, and any company, regardless of size and product will be able to boost their brand and create product familiarity, while always building potential customers.
It’s easy to create a Facebook page, but what many are not aware of is that creating a Facebook page that easily collects ‘likes’ and builds a strong fan base, is a daunting task.
When a visitor makes it to your Facebook page, most will click on either your info or wall, and if they don’t find anything that catches their interest they will simply leave your page.
When a visitor likes your page, it’s to your advantage, because this new fan will be updated now and then with things you publish.
You may have come across pages on Facebook that are so well done you wonder how it was possible. Great news!
Here are 5 things you need to know about your Facebook fan page.
#1 Embed YouTube Video
Facebook doesn’t allow you to instantly run flash. You have to launch it using a click on an image, so you need an image whenever you put a video up on Facebook. You can put your own URL with a custom picture.
#2 Product Commenting
If you want to set up a little store on your Facebook business page, this feature is excellent. You have each product liked and then commented on.
#3 Insert Flash Content
If you want to customize your Facebook fan pages with flash files for the header or in the photo gallery. If you are going to embed flash you will need to install a plugin or widget like 3D Flash Slide Show Maker. There are others you can use.
#4 Track Using Google Analytics
The Facebook analytics system offers only limited information, but that’s not a problem because you can use Google Analytics on your Facebook business page. Create a new Google Analytics account to use with your Facebook URL. Then copy the UA number provide and insert it into your page code.
Applications using the Facebook Platform can access Insights data using the Graph API and FQL. You must grant permission to allow third-party analytics software to access the Insights data for your account.
#5 Pop Ups
If you find your Facebook page is content heavy, you can hide some of it under the pop up boxes by inserting the appropriate pop up code.
How to Grow Your Facebook Page Likes
To build that large fan base and to enjoy successful marketing on Facebook you need to be proactive. Getting ‘Likes’ is the first step in converting a casual audience to a fan and eventually a paying customer.
Let’s look at the top fan building tips you can implement.
#1 Use Social Plug Ins and Website Widgets
Install social plug ins like Facebook Like Box or Wibiya Toolbar on your website or blog, which allow your visitors to ‘Like’ your Facebook page right from your website. There are many other plug ins that you can install easily to the back end of your website.
#2 Create a Like Gated App
You can provide valuable content using an app that requires visitors to ‘Like’ your page before they can access your content. How this works is really simple. The app provides an image along with a message that instructs the visitor to click ‘Like’ to see the content on your page.
#3 Engagement Ads
Most marketers see Facebook adverts as a way to encourage users to purchase something. Engagement ads are different because they aim to market your Facebook Page rather promoting the sale of a certain product.
#4 Get Your Existing Fans to Share Your Facebook Page Content
Your current fans are key to your building your fan base and watching it grow. When you publish relevant content on your page, your existing fans are more likely to share that material and that can lead to new fans finding their way to your site. Posting regularly up to date information also helps to encourage your fans to share the content you post.
#5 Email Signatures
An often overlooked way to grow your Facebook Page fans is to include an email signature on all your emails. It’s easy to implement and very effective. If you are like most businesses, every day you send out a number of emails and so having the link to your social networking sites on your emails promotes your growth.
These 5 tips are a great place to start to grow your Facebook ‘Likes’ and thus your fan base.
As your fans grow and they share your content with their friends, who then share your content with their friends, you will see your reach grow and with that your fan base.
Tricks to Grow Your Facebook Page Likes
Your goal is to grow your Facebook Page ‘Likes,’ which means your fans grow.
Let’s look at some tricks to grow your Facebook Page Likes and reap the benefits.
Trick #1 Featured Likes
You can display as many as 5 ‘Featured Likes.’ These are Pages that are liked by your Page on your Facebook Page. Another excellent technique to use is to ask your Featured Likes to return the favor for you. This gives you a little advertising drop.
Trick #2 Marketing Growth
Add your Facebook URL to all of your marketing opportunities such as letterhead, business cards, brochures, etc. Make sure that you use a customized Facebook URL for your page, because the assigned URLs are long and ugly.
Trick #3 Make Sure You Offer Valuable Content
If you want your fans to visit your page often and share it, then you need to make sure you offer content that’s of value. If you consistently provide top-notch content, your fan base will grow as your reach grows. In addition, the first time someone finds your page they’ll like what they see and want to read more of what you have to offer and so they are much more likely to ‘Like’ your page.
Trick #4 Create a Newsletter
If you haven’t already taken the step to create a newsletter to send out to your customers and fans, then now is the perfect time to do just that. MailChimp along with other providers provide a simple newsletter solution. You can also post on your Facebook Page when your newsletter is available. Do a good job and provide valuable content so that your fans share it and you grow your fan base.
Trick #5 Create a Facebook Calendar
Planning is important and being able to plan in advance what you want to post about helps you to schedule and organize your themes. This creates an environment where you can tie themes together with what’s going on in the community, online, etc. and then you can create valuable material that gains even more power because of your ‘timing.’
That’s it – 5 great tricks to help you grow your Facebook Page ‘Likes’ and fans.
There are plenty of tips and tricks that can be of value, but start with these 5 simple ones and enjoy the benefits. Remember for your Facebook Page to be a success you need to grow your fans, so nurture it and care for it!
How You Can Grow Your Facebook Likes on Your Business Page
You’ve created your Facebook Page but without ‘Likes’ and fans, your page isn’t going to benefit you the way you want it to. Let’s look at how you can grow your Facebook likes on your business page.
1. Use Google Analytics to measure your Facebook ROI. If you have e-commerce on your website, it just takes a little bit of code for you to be able to track your social media activity.
2. Brand your apps so that they have the look and feel of your company’s branding and so they fit with your cover image. With the exception of Facebook provided apps (Notes, Events, Likes, Photos) you can change the image to fit your branding.
3. Create custom app buttons. Use a site like Pixlr.com to edit your image to the right size or you might even have software on your computer. You’ll want your image to be 74 pixels tall by 111 pixels wide to keep the correct ratio.
4. When you are marketing on Facebook, you should focus on one goal at a time. Pursuing more than one objective at the same time actually leads to a reduction in your impact.
5. In your Facebook marketing, it can help to think like you are the editor of a magazine. Why is your magazine better than the competitor’s magazine? How are you going to keep your visitor engaged? How are you going to balance your ads with your content?
6. Select various posts to feature on your timeline stream. Make the post visible on your main timeline by going to the recent posts by others and then hovering over the right corner of the post you wish to add to your timeline click on the ‘X’ and then choose ‘Allow on Page.’
7. Get enhanced Facebook Page notifications. That way you will not miss any posts. Facebook notification system doesn’t seem to notify users of comments on long threads so to make sure you don’t miss out on any notifications use a third party app like hyperalerts to keep you in the loop.
8. If you are new to Facebook Pages, you can take it offline until you are satisfied with the look and feel of your page. To do this go to your ‘Admin Panel’ then choose ‘Edit Page’ followed by ‘Manage Permissions.’ Check the box beside ‘unpublish the page.’ Then save your changes.
Use Facebook Offers to Grow Your Facebook Page Likes
The main goal of your Facebook Page is to grow your likes and your targeted fans.
One way to do that is by taking advantage of Facebook Offers. With Facebook offers, you can share a discount with your audience by posting an offer on your Facebook Page.
How to Successfully Design a Facebook Offer
To make sure your offer is claimed as well as shared, you should consider the headline and the image you use along with the value of the offer. Remember, if people don’t understand what your offer is, they might think its spam and hide it from their News Feed or unlike your Page.
That is not what you want to happen, so make sure your offer is clear.
There is no minimum value or discount required to create a Facebook offer. However, discounts of 20% or more will usually reach the most people, and giving something away free usually performs better than offering a discount.
How do People Claim My Offer?
Your visitor simply clicks ‘Get Offer’ and an email will be then be sent to them. The person will then need to print the email and bring it into your business to redeem it for whatever the offer was. You should make sure all of your staff are aware of the Facebook Offers you are running and that they know how to honor and process these offers, otherwise you will have unhappy customers, who will be quick to share their bad experience with their friends.
How to Create a Facebook Offer
You must have at least 50 likes in order to take advantage of Facebook Offers.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create your offer.
- On your Facebook Page’s Timeline go to the sharing tool. Click Offer, Event+ and then click Offer.
- Fill out all of the details about your offer. This includes your Headline, uploading your image, adding an expiration date, and choosing your audience. You will also set your budget.
- Click the ‘More Options’ and add your start date, terms & conditions, and online redemption.
- Preview your offer and when you are satisfied click ‘Post Offer.’
There you have it. It’s as easy as these four steps to create your own Facebook Offer and begin to enjoy the benefits of both increasing your Likes and bringing potentially new customers into your store. It’s a win-win all the way around!
4 Ways You Can Increase Your Facebook Page Likes
Increasing your Facebook ‘Likes’ is how you increase your fans. Gathering fans can be done quickly using a number of tools, but the problem is you want to gather real fans that have the potential to become customers rather than just a bunch of ‘Likes.’
Let’s look at 4 ways you can increase your Facebook Page ‘Likes’ with those that can really build your business.
#1 Contests and Sweepstakes
It’s very easy to run a contest or sweepstakes on Facebook. You can even require that Facebook entrants have to first become a fan by liking your page in order to enter the contest. This can really increase your fans/likes.
However, many businesses go about this the wrong way. They promote their competition using Newsfeeds. You should not do this because it is against Facebook’s terms & conditions. Run your contest properly using an app like Wildfire or Strutta. There are a number of other contest apps you can use. Common types of contest include video or photo submissions.
This contest and sweepstakes method work best when you have over 500 fans.
#2 Comment on the Business Pages of Others
If you want to get more Facebook fans then you must make you need your page to be as visible as you can possibly make it to a relevant audience. If you are a local brick and mortar business, you should ‘Like’ other local pages. Make comments on their pages as your page not your personal name. If you comment on posts where others have already commented, depending on their settings, they will be notified that you posted giving you increased visibility.
#3 From Your Personal Profile Add a Link to Your Business Page
Use your personal profile to add a link to your business page. Some of your friends will find what you do useful. You can even mention your own page in your status updates now and then to encourage friends to visit your Page and if they like what you have to offer, they might click the ‘Like’ button and grow your fans.
#4 Invite Friends to Like Your Page
You can really give your fan base a boost by simply asking your friends to ‘Like’ your page. Do this right from your page, where you can invite friends. It’s easy and highly effective.
There you have it – 4 ways to increase your Facebook Page likes and therefore your fans.
Wow! Was that not the best Facebook fan page tips and tricks for beginners, or what? If you can’t find multiple benefits and actionable steps in these comprehensive Facebook fan page tips and tricks, I don’t know what else could possibly help you. Hopefully you’ve gotten a lot of benefit out of this post.